lunes, 22 de noviembre de 2010

As a second family...

Everyone has preferences in all kind of things, like music, clothing, clubbing… that over time make us to meet or find people with those same characteristics. Finally all these facts made up some clusters that we know as peer groups.

In my case, I had to fight a lot to make my own peer group because I had to mix my two passions: football and volunteer.

The biggest flag of the wold carried by us!
Some friends and I love football, especially Atlético de Madrid so we tried to find a way to combine our football passion and our desire to help. So when it was the centennial of our love team, with the help of the club, we made a group of volunteers to carry up the biggest flag in the world (1500 m long x 8,4 m width, it was a Guinness record ) from Neptune’s square to the stadium Vicente Calderón.
That was the day when we were born and I have shared a lot of experiences for years since then.

Working with the R.F.E.F

The main values of this collective are giving the best of you to spectators at match’s day and also cooperate with other foundations.
The collective is stratified, yes, it sounds like in the Middle Age but if we want this to work we have to play different roles:
We have the president (David) and a vicepresident (Alberto) who are working at the Club in the Social Area and he has the father’s role at the group. After him are the coordinators (I’m one of them) we have the big brother’s role and we have the worst part because we must to plan the activities, call the rest of volunteers, take care that everything is going well… summarizing we have a lot of working at home. And finally are the rest of volunteers (we have census 280) they are like our children who collaborate at matches and other activities.


You have seen that it is like a “little” big family? Of course is it! J

To sum up I only have to say that I’m very proud of my peer group, because two years ago, we finally made our dream come true: we became an Official association of CAM (Comunidad Autonoma de Madrid).


With the President of the Club Atlético de Madrid working for the iguality on men and women.



Here we are with two football players giving presents to children at the hospital

And also knew us a bit more with this video :)



2 comentarios:

  1. great stuff. I really enjoyed your post as I'm a big football fan (though die hard madridista). anyway, I'm thinking this is not exactly a peer group; rather, it's more a mix between workplace and association. You have more formal norms than a peer group; that's why the roles are so clearly defined.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Why do you write in english ?
    It´s a joke , my mark in english is enough good to understand something in this blog.
    Pdta:(No sé escribir posdata en inglés) I didn´t knew that you had a blog.

    ResponderEliminar